Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Humble Hope For Help

So... I generally avoid using the Blog(s) for things like this, but wide nets need to be wide.

I'm looking to get in touch with people in the book-publishing business, specifically video-gaming related stuff but really at this level any inroad would be a good inroad; but there's a pretty wide disconnect between the digital press world and the print world, so... don't really have any idea how to do that.

BUT I'm betting I've got at least a few friends/followers/fans/colleagues reading these things who might have some tidbit of advice/direction/access to offer; so if that describes you please feel free to pop said info into the comments here (or, if you prefer, a way in which I could contact you to get it.) Any little bit helps, honestly :)

Thanks you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob, if everything fails, you can still self-publish it via Books on Demand.

Will said...

Maybe ask fellow Escapist Shamus Young? He's got a book or two in print...

LBD 'Nytetrayn' said...

Odd, I had made a comment either here or on the other thread for the MovieBob blog. Maybe it was deleted for the e-mail address?

If that's the case, you can reach me on Twitter at @LBD_Nytetrayn if you want to discuss the matter, I might know someone who can help. =)

AnarchAngel said...

Bob,

You don't include any direct contact info, the only info I have for you is from the escapist forums, and that doesn't seem appropriate for this.

My wife and I run a very small special interest publisher. Video game stuff isn't exactly our thing, but we can get you in touch with some editors at major publishers if you like. Also, I'm happy to talk about process, tips, etc...

My email is linked in my blogger profile.

Antonio Black said...

There are two major options so far as I know.
One, there's of course brick and mortar publishing houses and two, there's self-publishing through the booming e-book market. There are people making a quick million in the latter industry right now because of how cheap they sell their material. A modest two-dollar novel purchased by a million people (which is a small number of folks all things considered) can still rake in a a lot of revenue. Knowing your work Bob, it might be a good idea to tie in a book to one of your other projects. Ken Burns and Lynn Novic published a book alongside their WWII documentary series "The War", so you could do something like your "Intermission" column but directly tie it in to one of your videos instead.